Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter to everyone

I hope everyone has had a nice Easter weekend. I have had a quiet weekend. I had no musical obligations for Easter this year. I stayed up late Friday night stitching so I slept in Saturday morning. I did stitch a few hours Saturday, inbetween getting laundry done. Today, Sunday, I've been cleaning and straightening up in the kitchen and will soon start making a cheesecake (cream cheese is sitting out currently). I'm also watching The Ten Commandments on DVD. Yes, it was on TV last night on network television, but I do not have the patience to sit through it with commercial interruption. I picked up a copy on DVD several years ago and usually watch it every Easter weekend. Watching it is an Easter tradition for me.

For stitching, I'm almost finished with a RR piece. Should finish it tonight and get it mailed tomorrow. I need to go through my stash and pick out a snowman for another RR piece which I'll start soon. I also want to get back to the beach projects from my stitching retreat last weekend at Myrtle Beach. One project was finished at the beach (I owe you a picture). Another small project I should be able to finish in the next few days. That leaves the larger project that will take more time. I'll take some pictures and share in the next day or so.

Ah, The Ten Commandments got to the "intermission" (end of DVD disc 1). Time to put in disc 2 and wander back to the kitchen to start making the cheesecake. The cheesecake I'm making is "Guinness® Chocolate Cheesecake" (recipe from www.allrecipes.com). One of the guys in my department at work found the recipe and requested it for his birthday. His birthday was a few weeks ago, but I told him I would make the cheesecake eventually. So, off to start melting chocolate and beating cream cheese. (Anyone want to come over for a taste test?)

1 comment:

Michele said...

How'd the cheesecake turn out?? I bet it was yummy!