Monday, May 19, 2008

Stitching and a Surprise

Happy Monday everyone. I hope everyone's week is starting out great. My week is starting on a high note thanks to a surprise I received Saturday night. Saturday night is date night for my sweetie (boyfriend) and me. This past Saturday night, before we went out to dinner, he disappeared to the other room for a second and came back and handed me a box. And in the box were these:



I was speechless and so surprised. Note, my birthday was almost 4 months ago and Christmas is a long way off, so this was a total surprise. Aren't they beautiful?

Now, onto stitching related things. Last week I completed a biscornu and mailed it to Karen for an exchange. She has received it, so I can now share a photo.



I found this biscornu on the Freebie Gallery blog, and fell in love with it. I love the red-on-red. I have enough fabric to stitch another and plan to stitch a second one for me eventually.

Tonight, I worked on finishing another biscornu, the needlepoint star I posted a few weeks ago. I have all sides joined except the last one. Just need to add the stuffing, close the last side and add the buttons in the middle. I'm probably not staying up too much longer tonight, so I'll finish it tomorrow night.

And, finally, I received the fabric I ordered from Silkweaver and now have everything needed for Mirabilia "The Lady and the Flag". I thought I would share the "ready to start" photo.



The fabric I chose (everything is piled upon it) is a Silkweaver Expressions Hand Dyed Lugana, 32ct. The color is "Chasescape". Piled on top of it is the pattern/photo and all of the DMC flosses, Kreinik #4 Braid and Blending Filament, and Mill Hill beads that I'll be using. I plan to start it tomorrow night as soon as I get the biscornu done. I have other projects I'll be finishing up and starting the next few weeks (squares for Fair and Square and for the Society RR), but my plan is to stitch on "The Lady" at least 1 or 2 nights per week over the next few weeks.

That's all for now. Good night all.

2 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

The pearls are beautiful, but the fact that they were given out of the blue for no particular reason......
priceless! Can't wait to see My Lady take on life. Great stitching, as always.
Carolyn

Ruth said...

Dang, Jim did good!!!!! Pat him on the back for me.

Love hte biscornu and the floss toss for Ms Liberty