Monday, January 14, 2013

Belated Happy New Year

It's time to start blogging again. At least to keep track of my stitching projects during the year. I'll start with my last finish of 2012. The finish below is a pattern that Tanya from The Scarlett House made for us at the PALS Fling in Myrtle Beach this past October. It's stitched over 1 on 25ct evenweave. I finished it December 31, 2012.

Next is my first start and finish for 2013. It is 'Halloween' by Threadwork Primitives, stiched on 28ct antique white evenweave.

I've decided this year to split my time between working on new projects AND finishing some of the many UFO's I have in various boxes and craft bags. Here is the first UFO that I pulled out about a week ago. It's 'Needle Guardian' by Teresa Wentzler. This is what it looked like in it's last touched state:

And here is what it looks like tonight:

The dragon will look much better once the backstitching is added at the end. This is a cute design I stumbled on years ago. Can't wait to get it finished.
That's it for now. Hugs and Happy Stitching to all.

3 comments:

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Hey, Chris.
How do you plan to finish your Beach Friends piece? Mine is waiting, too. Halloween is cute! Have you seen the Halloween SAL - one a month, I think. I've noticed many, including me, who are working the UFOs and smalls plan this year.
Be well - stitch on!

Michele said...

woo hoo!!! she's back! and I'm sooo glad :) Love your finishes and the dragon is looking great ... keep up the good work!

Chris said...

Charlene - I'm going to finish it as a pillow pin cushion, filling it with crushed walnut shells. Need to look through my fabrics to find a piece for the back, and decide on the trim I'll use on the edge.